VFL product Luke Ryan has become Fremantle’s first Rising Star nominee in more than 12 months following an impressive display in the Round 20 win over Gold Coast.
Ryan gathered 28 possessions, while at the same time setting a club record (nine) for intercept marks taken by a Docker.
After winning the Fothergill-Round Medal – which is awarded to the most promising player in the VFL – the Calder Cannon-turned-Coburg Lion was selected with pick no.66 in last year’s National Draft.
After impressing with Peel Thunder in the WAFL, Ryan made his debut in Round 11 against Collingwood.
2017 RISING STAR NOMINEES
- Round 1: Sam Powell-Pepper (Port Adelaide)
- Round 2: Ryan Burton (Hawthorn)
- Round 3: Brandan Parfitt (Geelong)
- Round 4: Andrew McGrath (Essendon)
- Round 5: Eric Hipwood (Brisbane Lions)
- Round 6: Caleb Marchbank (Carlton)
- Round 7: Sam Petrevski-Seton (Carlton)
- Round 8: Tim Taranto (GWS Giants)
- Round 9: Tom Phillips (Collingwood)
- Round 10: Wayne Milera (Adelaide)
- Round 11: Dan Butler (Richmond)
- Round 12: David Cunningham (Carlton)
- Round 13: Jack Silvagni (Carlton)
- Round 14: Hugh McCluggage (Brisbane Lions)
- Round 15: Blake Hardwick (Hawthorn)
- Round 16: Charlie Curnow (Carlton)
- Round 17: Alex Witherden (Brisbane Lions)
- Round 18: Lewis Melican (Sydney Swans)
- Round 19: Jason Castagna (Richmond)
- Round 20: Luke Ryan (Fremantle)