Lately, LEGO has been winning the TV ratings, Logies and our hearts, but for years it's won Christmas' and birthdays globally using fun playsets that challenge our imagination.
Everyone has a fond memory of playing with the versatile bricks and every parent has a memory of the last time they stepped on one.
So it seems only fitting that something that has such a powerful impact on our lives as kids and adults has its own convention.
The LEGO® CON event is on in Sydney on Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 July at the Sydney Showground, this is a FREE event that needs to go in the calendar ASAP.
In fact, tickets have been "selling out" fast for people who are travelling from all over Australia to experience brick power in all its glory.
This unique event will give kids of all ages a chance to immerse themselves in a world of LEGO play and experience some LEGO family favourites in real life.
A special LIVE LEGO Brick experience will be hosted by Ryan “Brickman” McNaught. This interactive challenge is an opportunity for kids to get their hands on bricks, and help The Brickman construct an epic
live build at the event. On completion, the giant display will be a mammoth 3 metres high. Troy Taylor, Vice President, General Manager of LEGO Australia & NZ, said “We are very excited that
Australia will host a physical LEGO CON event.
Last year, the LEGO Con experience launched virtually for the first time and was extremely successful so it's great to see a live in-person event that will bring the LEGO community together to celebrate the joy of creativity, imagination and nostalgia for the family!
There are jaw-dropping life-sized models made entirely out of LEGO bricks, live demos and exciting building challenges for all ages.
Many fan favourite themes will be highlighted with new reveals and content from LEGO® City, LEGO® DOTS, LEGO® Friends, LEGO® Technic and more.
And the fun won’t stop there! This family event has something for everyone!
● LEGO Friends have been helping kids build and act out friendship stories for the last 10 years. This year at LEGO CON, fans will be able to celebrate love, friendship and the value of difference by building different hearts that will come together as one epic giant heart.
● If you missed the Australian Grand Prix, this is an opportunity to see the life-sized LEGO Technic™ McLaren Formula 1™ Race Car. Made with 288,315 LEGO bricks and taking 1,893 hours to build, this Formula 1 race car replica has been designed to allow people to sit in it thanks to the removable halo and steering wheel!
● LEGO City fans can take part in the ultimate LEGO City build challenges. Attendees will be encouraged to build their favourite vehicle, to speed down the racetrack for their chance to win some cool prizes.
● LEGO Masters Fans will get to hear from their top some of the show's favourite contestants in a special Q&A session along with the chance to put their building skills to the test against some Masters favourites.
● Over the two days, children can help Build the Change and create their version of a more sustainable future using LEGO bricks. The challenging building event for children will help increase their awareness of issues such as climate change, resources and education. These builds will then be on display for the rest of the LEGO CON attendees to admire!
● To celebrate 90 Years of Play, LEGO CON will reveal a special nostalgic area, showcasing some key historical LEGO items, including traditional DUPLO and Technic sets!
● Between 11am and 1pm, children can enjoy a sensory-friendly session that allows families to participate in LEGO play within a safe and accepting environment. The LEGO CON big screen experience will be modified with dimmed lights and volume lowered for sensitive ears. If your collection needs restocking or you simply want to get your hands on some new LEGO sets, the
LEGO store will be present at LEGO CON, full of special releases and more!
The first round of tickets are exhusted so lock in your reminder that the second round of tickets will be released on the 1st of July at 9 am
Don't worry though, if you can't make it to the event, it will be live-streamed here