There's an outpouring of community support for Sorell's Lowe family who lost everything, including their car, in an accidental housefire east of Hobart on Thursday.
A cardboard box left on a stovetop ignited after a child apparently switched it on; the cedar structure on Forcett Street rapidly burned to the ground.
Mother Aquilla Lowe was able to flee with her two children.
While no one was hurt, the damage was put at $600,000.
Fundraising is underway for the Lowes, whose belongings weren't insured.
Family friend Monique Boost is welcoming the response to her Gofundme page here, which had raised more than $5400 as of 9 am on Friday.
"I think it all happened very quickly, and they were just happy to get out and be safe which is fantastic, you can't ask for any more than that," she said.
"There are pledges to donate clothes, fridges, beds and things but obviously they haven't got anywhere to store anything at the moment, so that being an issue, we sort of have to put a stop to that at this stage, but the community has been great."