tasnewslafm header 2019

Legal action to be taken against jumping castle operator

martin hillcrest

Legal action is being brought against the operator of the inflatable jumping castle involved in the Hillcrest Primary School tragedy.

 
Six children were killed on December 16 last year when the castle flew 10 metres into the air in a gust of wind, also seriously injuring three other students.
 
Sydney-based personal injury and compensation law firm Stacks Goudkamp is representing some of the families involved in the tragedy and is appealing for any witnesses including students or parents to contact them.
 
Managing director Tom Goudkamp says at this stage the law suit will be actioned against the operator, but hasn't ruled out potential action against the Education Department.
 
Mr Goudkamp says his firm is keen to hear from students or parents who witnessed the tragedy.