TWO crucial goals among his 19 possessions has helped Carlton’s David Cunningham to the Round 12 Rising Star nomination.
Playing just his sixth game, the 20-year-old was among the Blues’ best in their upset one-point win over Greater Western Sydney.
Taken with pick no.23 in the 2015 National Draft from TAC Cup club Oakleigh Chargers, Cunningham made his debut against Brisbane in Round 21 last year.
He is the third Carlton youngster recognised in 2017, following Caleb Marchbank in Round 6 and Sam Petrevski-Seton in Round 7.
2017 AFL RISING STAR NOMINEES
- Round 1: Sam Powell-Pepper (Port Adelaide)
- Round 2: Ryan Burton (Hawthorn)
- Round 3: Brandan Parfitt (Geelong)
- Round 4: Andrew McGrath (Essendon)
- Round 5: Eric Hipwood (Brisbane Lions)
- Round 6: Caleb Marchbank (Carlton)
- Round 7: Sam Petrevski-Seton (Carlton)
- Round 8: Tim Taranto (GWS Giants)
- Round 9: Tom Phillips (Collingwood)
- Round 10: Wayne Milera (Adelaide)
- Round 11: Dan Butler (Richmond)
- Round 12: David Cunningham (Carlton)