More than 100 people have died on NSW roads this year, prompting police to warn careless drivers their licences will be stripped from their wallets.
The grim milestone was passed on Wednesday afternoon when two women were killed in separate incidents on major roads in regional parts of the state.
A 19-year-old woman died when the car left the road and struck a tree near Parkes, in NSW's central west.
Three other women in the vehicle - two aged 19 and one aged 21 - suffered minor injuries.
Earlier that day, a 75-year-old woman died in a crash on Summerland Way, 25km north of Grafton.
She was a passenger in a car that veered off a slight right bend and struck a tree before tumbling down an embankment. The 73-year-old male driver was taken to Lismore Base Hospital with a fractured sternum.
Double demerits will be enforced for Operation Go Slow, in effect from 12.01am Friday until 11.59pm Tuesday (ANZAC Day), to target speeding, mobile phone use, alcohol and drug-affected drivers, fatigue, and seatbelt use.
Assistant Commissioner Michael Corboy says it's about time unsafe drivers took responsibility for their actions.
He said more than 7500 people were booked during double demerits over the Easter long-weekend, indicating many people "simply don't care" about risky behaviour on NSW roads.
"For this reason, and this reason alone, you will see more police again out on our roads this weekend taking licences away from those who choose to put themselves and others at risk," he said in a statement on Thursday.
Roads Minister Melinda Pavey said motorists in a hurry across the weekend should remember: "Your family and friends would rather you were a little late than never make it at all."
© AAP 2017Image credit - Grantbroadcasters